Teaching Life Skills
UnPlugged from Technology. Reconnecting in Nature.
Club UnPlugged @ The Discovery School
Now Enrolling Kindergarten to 4th graders for our after school social skills and leadership club at The Discovery School in Jacksonville Beach. This program is led by Adria Forte, LMHC and Havey Baer, LMHC.
- Mondays: K-2nd graders 3:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 3rd & 4th graders 3:00-4:00 PM
- Club Size: Minimum 7, Max 10 club members per Session
- Session Cost: $450
- Session 1: September 13 – November 19, 2021
- Session 2: January 10 – March 11, 2022
- Session 3: March 21 – May 20, 2022
Mentor Training for Teens: Leaders UnPlugged
Who Can Become a Leaders UnPlugged Member?
- Teens and young adults ages 11-20 who want to have fun while connecting in nature.
- Teens who are interested in voluntarily attending the program
- Teens who can agree to separate from their technology device during group.
How does this program work?
- Leaders UnPlugged Mentor Program is designed for those high school students and young adults who are seeking a rewarding opportunity to gain volunteer hours, build their resume, and enhance their leadership skills.
- They will connect with local college mentors, local businesses, manage program budgets, plan nature-based activities, plan and schedule service projects, and learn skills on how to become a responsible digital citizen.