Teaching Life Skills
UnPlugged from Technology. Reconnecting in Nature.
Club UnPlugged @ The Discovery School
We are UnPlugged from technology and connecting outside in nature. This is a fun, active club focused on enhancing social and emotional growth for K-2nd and 3rd/4th graders.
- Our hands-on, team building games are played outside and led by licensed mental health counselors who model social growth in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Each child has a voice in forming the club activities and their strengths are highlighted during our time together.
- We value individuality and creativity. As we identify skills to practice, we incorporate those into the structure of our games.
- Parent communication is key, each week your child will come home with a summary of our skill building activities and how your child can to practice and teach others their new skill at home.
Now Enrolling After School Adventures
CLICK THE ORANGE BUTTON BELOW TO ENROLL Kindergarten to 4th graders for our after school social skills and leadership club at The Discovery School in Jacksonville Beach.
This program is led by Adria Forte, LMHC and Havey Baer, LMHC.
- Mondays: K-2nd graders 3:10-4:10 PM
- Wednesdays: 3rd & 4th graders 3:10-4:10 PM
- Club Size: Max 15 club members per Session
- Session Cost: $175
- Session 1: September 13 – November 19, 2021
- Session 2: January 10 – March 11, 2022
- Session 3: March 21 – May 20, 2022
Mentor Training for Teens:
Who Can Become a Leaders UnPlugged Member?
- Teens and young adults ages 11-20 who want to have fun while connecting in nature.
- Teens who are interested in voluntarily attending the program
- Teens who can agree to separate from their technology device during group.
How does this program work?
- Leaders UnPlugged Mentor Program is designed for those high school students and young adults who are seeking a rewarding opportunity to gain volunteer hours, build their resume, and enhance their leadership skills.
- They will connect with local college mentors, local businesses, manage program budgets, plan nature-based activities, plan and schedule service projects, and learn skills on how to become a responsible digital citizen.