Teaching Life Skills
UnPlugged from Technology. Reconnecting in Nature.
Summer 2022 Eco-Adventures
Now Enrolling up to 8 teens ages 14-18 per Adventure! Teens who want to learn more about the use of nature for stress management and social connection will benefit from our hiking and kayaking adventures this summer.
- Learn mindfulness & personal responsibility
- Enhance your relationships with yourself and others
- Learn leadership, empathy-building, communication, and organizational skills
- SUMMER 22 PROGRAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
Club UnPlugged @ The Discovery School
We are UnPlugged from technology and connecting outside in nature. This is a fun, active club focused on enhancing social and emotional growth for K-4th graders.
- Our hands-on, team building games are played outside and led by licensed mental health counselors who model social growth in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Each child has a voice in forming the club activities and their strengths are highlighted during our time together.
- We value individuality and creativity. As we identify skills to practice, we incorporate those into the structure of our games.
- Parent communication is key, each week your child will come home with a summary of our skill building activities and how your child can to practice and teach others their new skill at home.
Now Enrolling After School Adventures
CLICK THE ORANGE BUTTON BELOW TO ENROLL Kindergarten to 4th graders for our after school social skills and leadership club at The Discovery School in Jacksonville Beach.
This program is led by Adria Forte, LMHC and Havey Baer, LMHC.
- Mondays: Kindergarten to 4th graders 3:10-4:10 PM. Children are grouped by age and then activities are planned to enhance peer mentoring skills.
- Club Size: Max 15 club members per Session
- Session Cost: $175
- Session 1: September 13 – November 19, 2021
- Session 2: January 10 – March 11, 2022
- Session 3: March 21 – May 20, 2022