Teaching Life Skills
UnPlugged from Technology. Reconnecting in Nature.
Let's Get UnPlugged.
Who Can Become a Leaders UnPlugged Member?
- Teens and young adults ages 11-20 who want to have fun while connecting in nature.
- Teens who are interested in voluntarily attending the program
- Teens who can agree to separate from their technology device during group.
How does this program work?
- Leaders UnPlugged Mentor Program is designed for those high school students and young adults who are seeking a rewarding opportunity to gain volunteer hours, build their resume, and enhance their leadership skills.
- They will connect with local college mentors, local businesses, manage program budgets, plan nature-based activities, plan and schedule service projects, and learn skills on how to become a responsible digital citizen.
Training Future Leaders
Summer 2021 Leadership Program
- What Does the Training Include?
- Class Location: Mickler’s Landing Beach, 1109 Ponte Vedra Blvd, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- Planned Days: Mondays
- Planned Times: 3:30-5:30 PM
- Summer A Dates: 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28
- Class Cost: $225
- Summer B Dates: 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26
- Class Cost: $225
- Class Leader: Havey Baer, LMHC
- EcoWellness volunteer hours applicable towards Bright Futures
- Beach ecology education, games, and recreation
- Mindfulness activities
- Work on public speaking, group leadership skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Planning Skills
- Fact-based Reasoning Skill Building
Learning Through Experiences
Sign Me Up.
How Can I Apply to Participate?
- Space is Limited to adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Applicants will register online, electronically sign consents, and submit membership dues.
- Membership spots are allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- We will maintain a wait list for any last minute cancellations.
- We will allow members to sign up for future classes to reserve a spot if the current class is full.