Teaching Life Skills
One Nature Experience at a Time
UnPlugged from Technology. Reconnecting in Nature.
Learn More About Our Mentor Programs
Offering EcoWellness CBT Services
We Must Unplug
EcoWellness offers our members the opportunity to form a connection with nature that will have a lasting impact on their developmental and emotional health. Research shows that many people can spend up to 90% of their time per day indoors. In a world that is often lived in through screens, in cars commuting, in offices, and in classrooms, our fundamental relationship with nature has taken a backseat. We are taking an alternative approach to therapy and teaching EcoWellness skills. We offer outdoor therapeutic services tailored to meet your specific needs in addition to our Leaders UnPlugged program.
Learning Through Experiences
We are offering programs that are led by a licensed mental health counselor with the support of college student mentors to provide evidenced-based experiences that teach skills in the areas of:
- Social Interactions
- activities to foster leadership skills
- strategies to enhance leadership skills and community partnerships
- Stress Management
- skills to reduce emotional reactivity
- Positive Thinking
- fact-based reasoning skills
- intentional connections in nature
- learning how nutrition plays a role in health
- Digital Citizenship
- skills to self regulate screen time and constructive discussion on how to use it responsibly and maturely
What Makes Us Different
Debunk the Myth
Myth: Ecotherapy is living in the wild, sleeping on the ground, getting bug bites, and running into dangerous animals. While camping and fully immersing yourself in nature is a truly rewarding experience, it is not for everyone. We are committed to teaching strategies that are practical and accessible.
- Be held in connection with nature
- Foster independent thinking skills
- Encourage a community of healthy Digital Citizens
- Educate how nature positively influences our overall well-being
We Focus On The Solution
Who Benefits from EcoWellness?
Everyone. Research suggests a connection between the increase in chronic medical issues and the disconnection with nature. The fear of missing out on the fast pace of social media adds fuel to the fire.
- Heart conditions
- Sleep disorders